2011年6月2日 星期四

F3 - Vocabulary 2

1.improve 2.concentration 3.lean meat 4.grumpy 5.nutritionist 6.experiment 7.instructed 8.memory 9.commercial breaks 10.comsume 11.calories 12. food pyramid 13.whole grains foods 14.poultry 15.dairy products16.physical activities 17.aerobics 18.jogging 19.skipping 20.weight lifting


Mum was worried about Tom’s health. He was only 12 but he already weighed 60 kg. She thought he should lose some weight. She (1) __________ him to do (2) __________ such as (3) __________ and rope (4) __________ but Tom refused. He was a couch potato and he became (5) __________ if he couldn’t watch TV. ‘What about doing (6) __________ like stretching your arms and legs during (7) __________?’ asked Mum. ‘I prefer (8) __________, Mum,’ said Tom. ‘Why don’t you buy me a dumb bell?’ 


One day, Tom broke his leg and he was taken to the hospital. The doctor was concerned about his overweight problem and she sent in a (9) __________ called Fiona to teach Tom about healthy eating. Fiona showed Tom a picture of the (10) __________, which indicates how much of each type of food we should eat. ‘Look at the bottom of the picture. You should have plenty of (11) __________,’ said Fiona. ‘Also, you can have some (12) __________ and (13) __________ like chicken, but not too much fatty foods because they are high in (14) __________.’


Tom followed Fiona’s advice. He tried very hard to (15) __________ less fat. He ate (16) __________ instead of meat with lots of fat. ‘I think the new diet helps (17) __________ my (18) __________. I can now remember everything my teachers said. Also, my Science teacher praised me for the (19) __________ I did in class. He said I now have better (20) __________.’


沒有留言:

張貼留言